Have You Seen: Healthy Baby, Healthy Life: Provider Perspectives and Roles in Addressing FASD, A Free Webinar
The SAMHSA FASD Center for Excellence hosted a free Webinar on September 9, 2015 for the 16th annual International FASD Awareness Day. Featuring a facilitated panel discussion with a diverse group of service providers, the Webinar addressed topics such as effective prenatal and post-natal care, FASD prevention for pregnant women and women of childbearing age, and assisting individuals in treatment who may have an FASD.
- Dan Dubovsky, MSW, FASD Specialist for the FASD Center for Excellence;
- Leah Davies, LMSW, Associate Director of the Texas Office for Prevention of Developmental Disabilities;
- David Garry, DO, FACOG, faculty and a Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women’s Health at Montefiore Medical Center / Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY;
- Lisa Ramirez, MA, LCDC, Women’s Substance Use Disorders Services Coordinator for the Texas Department of State Health Services; and
- Renee Turchi, MD, MPH, FAAP, faculty and Associate Professor at Drexel University School of Public Health (Department of Community, Health and Prevention) and Drexel University College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics.
293 participants called into the Webinar, and now the materials from that session are available, just visit: http://fasdcenter.samhsa.gov/webinars/HealthyBabyHealthyLifeWebinar.aspx