International FASD Awareness Day – 9/9/2015
September 9 is International Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Awareness Day.
This day was chosen so that on the ninth day of the ninth month of each year, the world will remember that during the nine months of pregnancy, a woman should abstain from alcohol. The first awareness day was celebrated on 9/9/1999.
To celebrate this year, the American Academy of Pediatrics; The Arc of the United States; CDC-funded FASD Practice and Implementation Centers, National Partners, and CHOICES Partners; National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (NOFAS); and NOFAS State Affiliate Network have joined together to produce this packet of materials to assist you in planning your events.
This package includes:
- Introduction to this packet
- What you can do
- Fact sheet
- Sample news release and newsletter article
- Sample proclamation
- Sample social media messages
- Resources for preventing FASDs and families living with FASDs
- Print, web, and other materials for the International FASD Awareness Day
Check it out and start planning your FASD Awareness Day activities!