To shed light on stress, depression and infant brain development during this time of extreme change, a research team at the Cumming School of Medicine (CSM) and Faculty of Arts at the University of Calgary is asking pregnant moms about the impact COVID-19 is having on their mental and physical health. UCalgary researcher Dr. Catherine Lebel, PhD, from the Alberta Children’s Hospital Research Institute, is leading the study, building on her prior research on the prenatal environment and paediatric brain development.
Who can participate?
You are eligible if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are less than 35 weeks pregnant
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Can read and write English
- Live in Canada
- Have access to a device with an internet connection
What does the study involve?
- 30-45 minutes to complete the initial survey
- Brief monthly surveys to follow up about your experience of pregnancy during COVID-19, mental health, coping and resiliency
- Several optional follow up studies will launch in the future
To learn more about the study: https://www.pregnancyduringthepandemic.com/
For further information: https://www.ucalgary.ca/news/pregnant-moms-across-canada-surveyed-covid-19