Request for Proposals: Understanding the root causes of alcohol consumption during pregnancy
Request for Proposals:
Understanding the root causes of alcohol consumption during pregnancy
A collective impact initiative has been convened in the Calgary region to engage multiple systems, sectors and stakeholders in efforts to holistically address FASD through new practice models, policies and system behaviours that can result in more effective and appropriate interventions for people living with FASD across the lifespan.
The Project Advisory group, which is comprised of CFAN and community partners whose values align with FASD prevention, has issued a Request for Proposals with a deadline of January 13, 2016.
- To mobilize knowledge and develop collective understanding of the risk factors associated with women who continue to consume alcohol during pregnancy ;
- To increase collective understanding of the protective factors that contribute to women’s decisions to abstain from alcohol during pregnancy;
- To develop appropriate policy, system and program interventions that contribute to a reduced numbers alcohol exposed pregnancies.
- Test current assumptions and hypothesis
- Determine and provide a deeper analysis of the risk factors that contribute women’s continued use of alcohol during pregnancy
- Understand the role of natural supports in women’s decisions around alcohol and pregnancy
- Conduct a review and analysis of the local service landscape that support women’s choices during pregnancy
- Develop concrete policy and program recommendations
- Recommend messaging specifications that are appropriate to women at higher risk of having an alcohol-exposed pregnancies.
- Development of an ethics framework for this initiative
- Literature review
- Host a community forum for local researchers and practitioners on advancing evidence based practices that support healthy pregnancies
- Conduct focus groups and interviews with service providers and any other relevant stakeholders
- Engage monthly meetings with the Project Advisory Committee
- Completed report with recommendations by November 2017
Budget Current budget available is $22,000 with possibility of additional funds
Timeline start date is January 2016 and end date is November 30, 2017.
Please direct any questions and/or submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org