Alberta Status of Women will support organizations that improve the lives of women and girls through $500,000 in grants.
These grants create opportunities for community groups to pilot an innovative idea or expand successful projects to help Alberta women reach their full potential.
Eligible organizations include registered charities, registered not-for-profits and community-based coalitions and networks.
“When women succeed, whole communities and economies succeed. That’s why we are investing in ideas that support Alberta women.”
Stephanie McLean, Minister of Status of Women
“Grants like this enable us to increase the reach of our programs and scale our impact in the community, helping women build confidence using technology and profiling more women as leaders, role-models and mentors in this space.”
Kylie Toh, Founder of Chic Geek, organizer at Geeky Summit
“We believe our communities are strongest when women are full participants in entrepreneurship. We are excited to see this support for organizations that engage and support women in our province.”
Marcela Mandeville, CEO of Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
Projects must focus on at least one of the following:
- helping women secure good jobs and closing the wage gap
- preventing and responding to violence against women and girls
- encouraging women to run for elected office or apply for boards and senior leadership roles
Organizations may apply to:
- organize conferences, trainings and events (up to $50,000)
- build capacity by attending conferences, trainings and events (up to $10,000)
- work on special projects (up to $50,000)
- create mentorship relationships to build capacity (up to $100,000)
- expand a successful initiative to other parts of Alberta (up to $100,000)
Deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. MT on Dec. 16, 2016.